Biden Signs Stopgap Bill, Averts Government Shutdown
– President Biden signed a stopgap bill to prevent a government shutdown.
– The bill continues government funding at current levels until mid-November.
– It includes $16 billion in disaster relief but no aid for Ukraine or border policy changes.
– The House and Senate passed the bill with wide bipartisan support.
– A chaotic day in Congress ended with the bill being signed into law.
– Military service members will be paid, federal workers won't be furloughed.
– Food assistance programs, national parks, and travel remain unaffected.
– A significant victory for the American people, a defeat for extreme factions.
– Biden calls on Congress to work on funding bills for the next fiscal year.