ChatGPT Usage Declines, Raising Concerns about AI Revolution
– Visits to AI chatbot ChatGPT's website and downloads of its app have decreased for the first time since its launch, indicating a potential decline in consumer interest in AI chatbots and image-generators.
– Mobile and desktop traffic to ChatGPT's website worldwide dropped by 9.7 percent in June compared to the previous month, as reported by Similarweb.
– Sensor Tower data reveals a steady decline in downloads of ChatGPT's iPhone app since reaching its peak in early June.
– ChatGPT, developed by OpenAI, sparked widespread interest in artificial intelligence upon its late 2022 launch, prompting competition among Big Tech companies to offer similar tools.
– Users including computer coders, office workers, and students have been utilizing ChatGPT to accelerate their work and seek information on various subjects.
– The decline in usage suggests that the technology's limitations are becoming more apparent, and some of the initial hype surrounding chatbots may have been exaggerated.
Sachin Dev Duggal, CEO of Builder.ai, a startup leveraging AI to assist in mobile app development