Influencer charged after chaos erupts in New York City's Union Square
– Alejandro Hernandez Vazquez, 40, was arrested during a routine traffic stop in North Carolina.
– Deputies discovered that Vazquez's 16-year-old female passenger had been reported missing by her family in Florida five hours earlier.
– The Nash County Sheriff described the case as a "true case of child trafficking."
– Vazquez was driving a 2016 Audi SUV on Interstate 95 when he was pulled over for a traffic violation.
– Officers found two THC vape pens in the car's driver door and center console.
– The female passenger was initially reported as a runaway in Florida, but police found that she was traveling willfully with Vazquez.
– Children account for over 30% of missing persons in the United States, with 337,195 reports of missing young people in 2021.
– Vazquez was charged with abduction of a child, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, felony possession of a synthetic cannabinoid, and possession of marijuana paraphernalia.
– His next court appearance is scheduled for July 20. The girl was transported to the Wake County Juvenile Detention Center to be reunited with her family.