Corrupt Senator Caught Red-Handed
– Menendez met with a lawyer to discuss the U.S. Attorney position in New Jersey.
– Menendez asked the lawyer to look into a case involving a friend of his, developer Fred Daibes.
– Daibes is accused of bribing Menendez with hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, gold bars, and a luxury car.
– Menendez has denied all wrongdoing.
– If convicted, Menendez could face up to 20 years in prison.
The bribery case against Sen. Menendez has shone a light on the cozy relationship between powerful politicians
and wealthy developers. It is also a reminder of the importance of a strong and independent judiciary