Leaked Google Memo on AI and CEO's Disagreement
– A leaked memo from a Google researcher earlier this year raised doubts about the company's future in the AI industry, claiming that it has "no moat" in the industry.
– DeepMind CEO Demis Hassabis has confirmed the authenticity of the memo during an interview with The Verge.
– Hassabis believes that while the memo was real, he disagrees with its conclusions regarding Google's position in the AI industry.
– The memo obtained by SemiAnalysis suggests that neither Google nor OpenAI possess the necessary elements for success in AI, and claims that open-source AI models are surpassing them in terms of speed, customizability, privacy, and capability.
– Hassabis, however, holds a more optimistic view of Google's future in AI, citing the competitive nature of the company's researchers and the potential for breakthroughs resulting from the merger of Google Brain and Google DeepMind teams.
– He expresses confidence in Google's ability to continue producing key breakthroughs in the next decade.
The leaked memo from a Google researcher suggesting that the company has "no moat" in the AI industry
AI industry has been confirmed as authentic by DeepMind CEO Demis Hassabis.