Powerball Jackpot Soars to $835 Million
– Powerball jackpot jumps to $835 million after no matching tickets on Monday
– This is the fourth-largest jackpot in Powerball history
– Jackpot is getting closer to the $1 billion mark
– Next drawing is Wednesday night
– Tickets cost $2 each
– The Powerball jackpot is paid out over 29 years, unless the winner chooses the lump sum option.
– The lump sum option for the $835 million jackpot is estimated to be $390.4 million before taxes.
– The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292,201,338.
– Powerball tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
– The Powerball drawing is held every Wednesday and Saturday night at 10:59 p.m. ET.