Pro-Russia party claims victory in Slovakia election
Pro-Russia Party Wins Slovakia Election, Promising to End Military Aid for Ukraine
– SMER-SSD wins Slovakia election with 23% of the vote.
– Party leader Robert Fico has promised to end military aid for Ukraine.
– No party won an outright majority, so a coalition government is likely.
– Fico's views reflect traditionally warm sentiments towards Russia among many Slovaks.
– He has pledged to end military supplies to Ukraine and strive for peace talks.
The far-right Republika party may not win any seats
according to partial results and media projections.