Stability AI releases Stable Doodle, a sketch-to-image tool
– Stability AI has launched a new tool called Stable Doodle, which is a sketch-to-image service that turns sketches into visually pleasing artistic renditions using the Stable Diffusion model.
– Stable Doodle is available through ClipDrop, a platform Stability acquired in March, and it aims to provide more precise control over image generation compared to other sketch-to-image AI tools.
– The tool utilizes the Stable Diffusion XL model and a conditional control solution called T2I-Adapter, developed by Tencent's Applied Research Center, to analyze sketch outlines and generate images based on prompts combined with the outlines.
– Stable Doodle accepts a sketch and a prompt to guide the image generation process, but it currently supports only 14 styles of art.
– Stability AI targets both professionals and novices, offering them the ability to generate high-quality original images in seconds. It envisions Stable Doodle as a time-saving tool for designers, illustrators, and other professionals.
– The quality of output images depends on the detail of the initial drawing, the descriptiveness of the prompt, and the complexity of the scene being depicted.
– Stable Doodle is part of Stability AI's efforts to explore new revenue sources following a slowdown in its commercial endeavors.
– The startup raised $25 million through a convertible note recently, bringing its total funding to over $125 million.
– Stability AI was seeking a higher valuation and aiming to quadruple its value in the coming months.
– Stable Doodle is currently free to use, but with certain limits in place.