Toddler Dies After Exposure to Fentanyl at Nursery: Third Person Arrested
– A toddler died earlier this month after being exposed to fentanyl at his nursery.
– The child, Nicholas Dominici, was 2 years old.
– Police have arrested three people in connection with the child's death.
– The first two people arrested were the owners of the nursery, a 41-year-old man and a 39-year-old woman.
– The third person arrested was a 35-year-old man who is accused of selling the fentanyl to the nursery owners.
– Police are still investigating how the child was exposed to the fentanyl.
– Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine.
– It is often used to cut heroin and other drugs, but it can also be used on its own.
– Fentanyl is highly addictive and can be deadly, even in small doses.
Parents of children who attend nurseries should be aware of the dangers of fentanyl
– and should talk to their children about the importance of not taking drugs from strangers.